Exhibitor General Info
Exhibition: March 14-16, 2019; Education: March 13-15, 2019
Thursday, March 14 — Indoor Exhibits: 9:30am* – 5:00pm; Outdoor Exhibits: 9:30am* – 7:30pm+
Friday, March 15 — 9:00am* – 5:00pm~
Saturday, March 16 — 9:00am* – 3:00pm
+ Outdoor Exhibits will remain open on Thursday, March 14 until 7:30pm for the HPBExpo Tailgate & Big Green Egg Cook-Off Event.
~Hearth & Home Magazine’s Vesta Awards Program follows the show closing on Friday, March 15.
Venue: KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON CONVENTION CENTER
650 S Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone: (214) 939-2700
- Indoor Exhibits: Halls A-C, Building Level: 2nd Floor
- Outdoor Exhibits: Convention Center Lot C, Ground Level
Material Handling Notice
All advanced shipments received at the Freeman warehouse as well as all shipments received onsite or driven to the convention center and/or Outdoor Burn Area will incur a material handling fee by the official general contractor, Freeman.
Exhibit materials that can be hand-carried in one trip from the parking lot by the exhibitor will not incur material handling fees. Dollies, hand trucks, or other means of wheeled transport are not permitted for hand-carry.
Cars, Mini-Vans, Small Pick-Up Trucks, Full-Size Vans, and Large Pick-Up trucks requiring use of the dock area will be unloaded by Freeman for per-vehicle-load fee. Vehicles larger than a large pick-up truck, including those with trailers will be unloaded at the main dock at the published per hundred weight rates.
Advanced shipments to the warehouse will be delivered to the convention center or outdoor burn area prior to the first set-up time and will be available any time during regular set-up hours. Shipments delivered directly to the convention center must follow the Target Schedule outlined in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
Set-up hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, daily. Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after scheduled times may do so, but will not be readmitted once they leave. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
All booths must be set up and ready for inspection by 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. Items left in the aisles after 5:00pm on this day are subject to removal by Freeman in order to lay aisle carpeting.
NO setup hours on Thursday, March 14. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Targeted move-in for direct shipments begins Monday, March 11, 2019*.
- Booth installation for warehouse shipments will be permitted beginning Monday, March 11, 2019.
- Linear booths will be set with an 8’ high back drape, 3’ high side dividers, and a 7”x44” one-line identification sign. Booths over 300 sq. ft. are not automatically set with signage, however, signs are available upon request. The first night of vacuuming is also included.
- The exhibit area is NOT carpeted. Exhibitors are required to provide carpeting or other floor covering. Aisles will be carpeted in black/grey “Tuxedo” carpet.
- Early move-in prior to Monday, March 11, 2019 may be available upon request. Inquire with HPBA show management.
- Targeted move-in for direct shipments begins Monday, March 11, 2019*
- Booth installation for warehouse shipments will be permitted beginning Monday, March 11, 2019
Booth dismantling begins Saturday, March 16 at 3:00pm; crates in Freeman storage will be delivered no later than 10:00pm. It is not advisable to leave your booth unpacked and unmanned during this time period.
The show floor is accessible for tear-down:
Saturday, March 16 — 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Sunday, March 17 — 8:00am – 5:00pm
Monday, March 18 — 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 19 — 8:00am – 12:00 pm*
Indoor and Outdoor Exhibits
- NO tear-down or pack-ups allowed prior to 3:00pm on Saturday, March 16.
- Any move-outs on Saturday or Sunday will incur an overtime charge by Freeman.
- Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after the designated time on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday may do so, but will not be readmitted.
- As a reminder, do not take anything from the exhibit floor that does not belong to you. Such activity will be considered as theft. Appropriate actions will be taken.
- All exhibits must be dismantled and moved out by the deadlines listed above. Any exhibits remaining will be packed and/or moved by Freeman and will incur a charge for such.
- Entrances to the Exposition floor will be placed under guards’ surveillance starting at 8:00am, Saturday, March 9 for indoor and outdoor exhibits. Service will continue until halls have cleared, but no later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday, March 19.
- Exhibitors assume full responsibility for any loss of or damage to their property, including booth contents. Although HPBA show management will provide security at the entrances to the exhibit floor, such security is not designed to protect the contents of the exhibit booths. Exhibitors are advised to pack up all small “walkable” items at the end of the show, rather than leaving a complete booth until the next day of tear down. Individual guard service is not provided by HPBA. Order forms for individual booth security service will be available in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
- All equipment and materials removed from the Exposition floor will require an Equipment Removal Pass. These passes are available from the Main Entrance security guards. The door guards will collect these passes for allowance of product removal from the hall.
- Any company using an outside contractor for exhibit set-up and tear down must have such personnel registered in advance by completing an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor form from the Exhibitor Service Manual. Special set-up and tear down passes will be issued onsite for these individuals.
Exhibitors will need to pre-register or register onsite for badges to enter the exhibit hall. Exhibitors may pick up badges and badge holders at the Registration Counter or at the Badge Pick-Up Kiosk in the exhibit hall lobby during the following dates/times:
Tuesday, March 12 — 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Wednesday, March 13 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday, March 14 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Friday, March 15 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday, March 16 — 8:30am – 2:00pm
- HPBExpo Keynote Speaker
Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 8:00am – 9:15am, C Ballroom
- HPBA Annual Membership Meeting/Expo Opening Ceremony
Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 9:15am – 9:30am, C Lobby
- Tailgate & Big Green Egg Cook-Off Event
Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:30pm, Outdoor Burn Area
- Vesta Awards Program
Friday, March 15, 2019 – 4:45pm – 6:45pm, C Ballroom
- Announcement of Attendees Choice Award Winners
Saturday, March 16, 2019, announcement to be made during show hours
All exhibitors are required to read through the published Tradeshow Rules & Regulations, which are a part of the accepted exhibit space contract. In addition, exhibitors and attendees are required to follow these special policies:
- Alcoholic Beverages Allowed During Show – only after 12:00 noon; must be served by caterer; must submit approval request form to HPBA show management
- Do not provide allotted badges to persons who are not employees or family
- No picture taking without express approval
- No entering other booths unless welcomed; deceptive and/or unethical conduct strictly prohibited
- No children under 12 on the show floor
- No conflicting meetings during Expo
- Sales or solicitations by individuals and/or firms not renting booth space in the show are prohibited
Beware of Scams
WARNING – Third-party firms may attempt to contact you about show guide listings, hotel availability, and various show services – if their form is not in the online HPBExpo Exhibitor Service Manual page, they are most likely not affiliated with HPBA. Note: Our official printed publication is the HPBExpo Show Guide; our official group for housing is onPeak; and our official general contractor is Freeman.
Mail all booth payments to:
PO Box 424014
Washington, DC 20042-4014.
Please do not use Express Service such as FedEx, UPS, etc. For a credit card authorization form or wire transfer instructions, email email@example.com or call (703)522-0086, ext. 125.
Who to Contact
Questions regarding Exhibiting, Booth Payments, Rules & Regulations, etc.: contact HPBA show management.