HPBExpo 2019 EducationThe 2019 HPBExpo Education Program is developed by the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation (HPBEF). More than 30 sessions designed to help industry professionals increase sales, improve business efficiency, and strengthen technical competencies. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) abound for those seeking to renew NFI Certifications. Starting Wednesday, March 13th, the day before exhibits open, and concluding Friday, March 15th, the Education Program consists of sessions in all three CEU categories.
- Business Management seminars designed to provide practical concepts from the functional areas of business (e.g., marketing, finance and capital resources).
- Sales skills, promotion ideas and marketing strategies for small and large business operations. Robust sales revenues usually go hand-in-hand with a well-developed and implemented marketing plan.
- Outdoor Living is an exciting segment of the industry that continues to expand. Sessions include barbecue and patio topics and general outdoor room topics.
Manufacturer Specific Training
- An Education Passport is no longer required to attend the manufacturer training sessions.
Education General InformationTo attend education sessions, you must purchase a Three-Day Education Passport or a Single Session Ticket. The Three-Day Education Passport covers all general sessions in the program and a Single Session Ticket covers one specific course of interest in the program. To purchase your Three-Day Education Passport or Single Session Ticket, select option when registering to attend HPBExpo 2019. Education Three-Day Passports and Single Session Tickets can also be purchased on site in Dallas.
|Three-Day Education Passport||$139||$208|
|Single Session Ticket||$30||$45|
|Gas Hands-On Troubleshooting Session (Millivolt Gas Systems)|
Friday, March 15; 9am-12pm
|Gas Hands-On Troubleshooting Session (Electric Gas Systems)|
Friday, March 15; 1pm-4pm
|Red Cross CPR/AED|
Friday, March 15; 9am-12pm
NFI CertificationThe National Fireplace Institute® (NFI) is the professional certification division of the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation (HPBEF). NFI’s objective is to increase public safety by establishing meaningful credentials for professionals involved in planning and installing residential hearth appliances and venting systems. Benefits of becoming certified include:
- Increased employee confidence and retention – fewer complaints and callbacks.
- A competitive edge over your competition – more customers = more profit!
- A chance to lower insurance premiums.
- Respect from building and code officials.
- Possible recognition by state/local government.