General Exhibitor Info
Exposition: March 1-3, 2017
Education: March 2-4, 2017
Thursday, March 2 — Indoor Exhibits: 9:00am* – 5:00pm; Outdoor Exhibits: 9:00am* – 7:30pm+
Friday, March 3 — 9:00am* – 5:00pm~
Saturday, March 4 — 9:00am* – 3:00pm
+ Outdoor Exhibits will remain open on Thursday, March 2 until 7:30pm for the HPBExpo Tailgate & Big Green Egg Cook-Off Event.
~Hearth & Home Magazine’s Vesta Awards Program follows the show closing on Friday, March 3.
Venue: GEROGIA WORLD CONGRESS CENTER, BUIDLING C
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591
Phone: (404) 223-4000
- Indoor Exhibits: Halls C1-C4
- Outdoor Exhibits: Lower “Yellow” Lot on Gray Street.; across Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. from GWCC Building C.
Material Handling Notice
All advanced shipments received at the Freeman warehouse as well as all shipments received onsite or driven to the convention center and/or Outdoor Burn Area will incur a material handling fee by the official general contractor, Freeman.
Exhibit materials that can be hand-carried in one trip from the parking lot by the exhibitor will not incur material handling fees. Dollies, hand trucks, or other means of wheeled transport are not permitted for hand-carry.
Cars, Mini-Vans, Small Pick-Up Trucks, Full-Size Vans, and Large Pick-Up trucks requiring use of the dock area will be unloaded by Freeman for per-vehicle-load fee. Vehicles larger than a large pick-up truck, including those with trailers will be unloaded at the main dock at the published per hundred weight rates.
For More Information: Material Handling Explained tutorial video.
Advanced shipments to the warehouse will be delivered to the convention center or outdoor burn area prior to the first set-up time and will be available any time during regular set-up hours. Shipments delivered directly to the convention center must follow the Target Schedule outlined in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
Set-up hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, daily. Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after scheduled times may do so, but will not be readmitted once they leave. PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
All booths must be set up and ready for inspection by 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. Items left in the aisles after 5:00pm on this day are subject to removal by Freeman in order to lay aisle carpeting.
NO setup hours on Thursday, March 2. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Targeted move-in for direct shipments begins Monday, February 27, 2017*. Early move-in on Sunday, February 26 may be available upon request. Inquire with HPBA show management.
- Booth installation for warehouse shipments will be permitted beginning Monday, February 27, 2017.
- Linear booths will be set with an 8’ high back drape, 3’ high side dividers, and a 7”x44” one-line identification sign. Booths over 300 sq. ft. are not automatically set with signage, however, signs are available upon request. The first night of vacuuming is also included.
- The exhibit area is NOT carpeted. Exhibitors are required to provide carpeting or other floor covering. Aisles will be carpeted in black/grey “Tuxedo” carpet.
- Early move-in on Sunday, February 26, 2017 may be available upon request. Inquire with HPBA show management.
- Targeted move-in for direct shipments begins Monday, February 27, 2017*
- Booth installation for warehouse shipments will be permitted beginning Monday, February 27, 2017
Booth dismantling begins Saturday, March 4 at 3:00pm; crates in Freeman storage will be delivered no later than 10:00pm.
The show floor is accessible for tear-down:
Saturday, March 4 — 3:00pm – 9:00pm (Hall C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4; Outdoor)
Sunday, March 5 — 8:00am – 5:00pm (Hall C-1~, C-2, C-3, C-4; Outdoor)
Monday, March 6 — 8:00am – 5:00pm (Hall C-2, C-3, C-4; Outdoor) no C-1 access
Tuesday, March 7 — 8:00am – 12:00 pm* (Hall C-2, C-3, C4; Outdoor) no C-1 access
~Exhibitors in Hall C-1 (booth numbers 2700+) MUST be completely packed by 8:00pm on Sunday, March 5. No Monday or Tuesday access available for Hall C-1.
Indoor and Outdoor Exhibits
- NO tear-down or pack-ups allowed prior to 3:00pm on Saturday, March 4.
- Any move-outs on Saturday or Sunday will incur an overtime charge by Freeman.
- Exhibitors who wish to remain in the hall after the designated time on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday may do so, but will not be readmitted.
- No access available to Hall C-1 on Monday or Tuesday – Hall C-1 exhibitors MUST complete packing by 8:00pm on Sunday.
- As a reminder, do not take anything from the exhibit floor that does not belong to you. Such activity will be considered as theft. Appropriate actions will be taken.
- All exhibits must be dismantled and moved out by the deadlines listed above. Any exhibits remaining will be packed and/or moved by Freeman and will incur a charge for such.
- Entrances to the Exposition floor will be placed under guards’ surveillance starting at 8:00am, Sunday, February 26 for indoor and outdoor exhibits. Service will continue until halls have cleared, but no later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday, March 7.
- Exhibitors assume full responsibility for any loss of or damage to their property, including booth contents. Although HPBA show management will provide security at the entrances to the exhibit floor, such security is not designed to protect the contents of the exhibit booths. Exhibitors are advised to pack up all small “walkable” items at the end of the show, rather than leaving a complete booth until the next day of tear down. Individual guard service is not provided by HPBA. Order forms for individual booth security service is available in the online Exhibitor Service Manual.
- All equipment and materials removed from the Exposition floor will require an Equipment Removal Pass. These passes are available from the Main Entrance security guards. The door guards will collect these passes for allowance of product removal from the hall.
- Any company using an outside contractor for exhibit set-up and tear down must have such personnel registered in advance by completing an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor form from the Exhibitor Service Manual. Special set-up and tear down passes will be issued onsite for these individuals.
Exhibitors will need to pre-register or register onsite for badges to enter the exhibit hall. Exhibitors may pick up badges and badge holders at the Registration Counter or at the Badge Pick-Up Kiosk in the exhibit hall lobby during the following dates/times:
Tuesday, February 28 — 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Wednesday, March 1 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday, March 2 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Friday, March 3 — 7:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday, March 4 — 7:30am – 2:00pm
- HPBA Annual Membership Meeting/Expo Opening Ceremony
Thursday, March 2, 2017 – 8:45 am – 9:00am, HPBExpo main entrance
- Tailgate & Big Green Egg Cook-Off Event
Thursday, March 2, 2017 – 5:00pm – 7:30pm, Outdoor Burn Area
- Vesta Awards Program, featuring Retailer of the Year
Friday, March 3, 2017 – 5:00pm – 6:45pm, Level 3 Georgia Ballroom
- Announcement of Attendees Choice Award Winners
Saturday, March 4, 2017, announcement to be made during show hours
All exhibitors are required to read through the published Tradeshow Rules & Regulations, which are a part of the accepted exhibit space contract. In addition, exhibitors and attendees are required to follow these special policies:
- Alcoholic Beverages Allowed During Show – Only After 12:00 noon; must be Served by Caterer; must submit approval request form to HPBA show management
- Do not provide allotted badges to persons who are not employees or family
- No picture taking without express approval
- No entering other booths unless welcomed; deceptive and/or unethical conduct strictly prohibited
- No children under 12 on the show floor
- No conflicting meetings during Expo
Beware of Scams
WARNING – Third-party firms may attempt to contact you about show guide listings, hotel availability, and various show services – if their form is not in the online HPBExpo Exhibitor Service Manual page, they are most likely not affiliated with HPBA. Note: Our official printed publication is the HPBExpo Show Guide; our official group for housing is onPeak; and our official general contractor is Freeman.
Mail all booth payments to:
Washington, DC 20042-4014.
Who to Contact:
Questions Regarding Exhibiting, Booth Payments, Rules & Regulations, etc.: Contact HPBA show management